Jude Aravind Abraham
Google Certified | Digital Marketing | Content Writing (English) | SEO & ASO Professional | HubSpot, Snapchat, Twitter Flight School & Facebook Blueprint Graduate | University of Auckland Alumnus - World Ranked Top 100 University
I like to think of myself as an idealist stuck inside the mind of a realist with the heart of an optimist.
I envisage organizations to be led by visionaries, shepherded by idealists, fashioned by the curious, transmitted by the eloquent, infused by the inventive, driven by the factual, and cultured by the alluring.
I believe the most important attribute for any organization is its ability to resonate its brand with its target audience. As human beings we are continuously searching for solutions whether it is in the form of a business need or a personal want. Therefore, what makes a company successful in the digital age is for it to add value to the customer in the form of providing efficient solutions, rewarding loyalty and cultivating reputability. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication as Leonardo Da Vinci articulated.
In my opinion, the essence of capitalism and modernism is intertwined with the discipline of Marketing. This is why I completed a qualification specializing in this field at a world ranked top 100 university in my native country, New Zealand. Furthermore, I have selectively taken on roles where my skills were crafted and enhanced in order to succeed in today's decentralized global market. Moreover, in order to solidify my professional acumen I successfully undertook various certifications from Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, HubSpot and others. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest as Benjamin Franklin noted.
I am a business professional with proven expertise in a number of industries, these include: content writing, digital marketing, SEO, ASO, social media and brand development from my time in start-ups and higher education institutions; enhanced analytical skills from my time working in insurance pricing as a business analyst; proven problem-solving prowess while operating in telecommunications as a reporting analyst; intuitive communicative tactfulness as an English teacher; seasoned sales savviness from a variety of roles including in-person, email and telesales; creative copywriting as a freelance writer; showmanship as a former live musician; and globally cultured having traveled five continents.
I seek to be part of an organization which is dynamic, challenges the status quo, promotes ingenuity, celebrates creativity and offers opportunities for individuals to prove themselves. I am open to all industries and desire to work in an environment which embraces and values the ideas of its employees.
Social Media Marketing
What I Offer
Featured Blog Posts Written for ParentsDome - 2018-Present
ParentsDome: Blog Posts
List of blog posts written by me for one of Brulée Publishing's websites.
Featured Blog Posts Written for TooCool2BeTrue - 2018-Present
TooCool2BeTrue: Blog Posts
Featured Blog Posts Written for TheMoneyTime - 2018-Present
TheMoneyTime: Blog Posts
Featured Blog Posts Written for 3DSellers - 2018-Present
3DSellers: Blog Posts
A series of blog posts written by me for 3DSellers as a Freelance Content Writer.
Featured Blog Posts Written for OnlinePianist - 2014-2018
OnlinePianist: Blog Posts
Initiative undertaken to drive more traffic to our services through SEO strategy using content creation in order to increase user engagement by featuring our content on various media outlets; thereby growing brand recognition and visibility of our piano notes products on multiple platforms. A total of 37 articles.
Featured Article Written for Tel Aviv University - 12/07/2017
Tel Aviv University: Cyber Week 2017 highlights latest breakthroughs in cybersecurity
An article I wrote for Tel Aviv University about Cyber Week titled "Cyber Week 2017 highlights latest breakthroughs in cybersecurity" which is hosted by Tel Aviv University and the Israeli National Cyber Directorate among others. The event included a visit by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other notable figures. The article was featured on the University's homepage and posted across its social media platforms.
Featured Article Written for Tel Aviv University - 07/06/2017
Tel Aviv University: All-Access Mission 2017 forges fresh ties to TAU
An article I wrote for Tel Aviv University titled "All-Access Mission 2017 forges fresh ties to TAU" about the annual visit by the next-generation of governors and the affect it had on their connection to the University. The article was featured on the University's homepage and posted across its social media platforms.
Guest Blog Post on GoAbroad - 07/02/2017
GoAbroad: 7 Things You’ll Never Expect From an Internship in Israel
An article I wrote for GoAbroad on behalf of OnlinePianist titled "7 Things You’ll Never Expect From an Internship in Israel" outlining the unexpected experiences an internship in Israel brings. Written in order to attract future interns to the company, as well as increase our SEO footprint. The article was featured on their homepage.
Guest Blog Post for TakeLessons - 04/10/2016
TakeLessons: How to Use Apps to Supplement Your Piano Lessons | 7 Ideas
An article I specifically wrote for TakeLessons titled "How to Use Apps to Supplement Your Piano Lessons" to help promote the launch of OnlinePianist's new website. The article was posted on their social media networks and their weekly newsletter.
Guest Blog Post on TakeLessons - 11/09/2015
TakeLessons: 9 MORE Amazing Benefits of Piano Lessons
An article I wrote titled "How Does Playing the Piano Make You Smarter?" was picked up by, and featured on TakeLessons website and posted on their social media networks.
Description for OnlinePianist.com's Biography on Crunchbase - May 2018
I wrote the biography for OnlinePianist on Crunchbase - the leading destination for millions of users to discover industry trends, investments, and news about global companies—from startups to the Fortune 1000.
Photograph Featured on Intrepid Travel's Brochure - 2015
Intrepid Travel: Africa & The Middle East 2015[Page 84]
My photograph was selected to be featured on Intrepid Travel's official brochure for their "Africa & The Middle East" tours in 2015.
Yad Hana, Israel
Brulée Publishing is a publishing company specializing in creating rich and engaging content and building thriving online communities. Its fully owned and operated properties reach a targeted, highly-engaged audience through marketing, social and organic channels.
Jul 2018 - Present
• Write, rewrite, edit and create content.
• Keep all content updated on servers.
• Create viral/shareable content for our social community.
• Work closely with marketing to create compelling ads.
• Suggest and implement new features to enhance content engagement.
• Creating and executing paid media campaigns across Outbrain, Gemini, and Ideal Media.
A self-employed freelancer who offers a variety of writing services in English to clients worldwide.
Freelance Writer (English)
Jan 2017 – Jun 2018
• Native English speaker possessing impeccable spelling and grammar catered to all types of English speakers including, but not limited to, both US and UK English.• Writing a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms such as websites, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, guides, ASO (App Store Optimization), etc.• A deep understanding of various demographics, western pop-culture, industry specific customer needs and what motivates users online.• Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles, tones, genres, etc.• Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practices.• An understanding of formatting articles on the web and social media.• Creating concise, eye-catching, innovative headlines and body copy.• Researching, authenticating, and organizing facts including sources.• Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with teams for new ideas and strategies.• Collaborating with campaign managers, creative teams and designers.
Tel Aviv University
Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel Aviv University (TAU) is a public research university in Tel Aviv, Israel. With over 30,000 students, the University is the largest in the country.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Apr 2017 – Jul 2017 [Short-Term Contract]• Help design digital media campaigns aligned with business goals.• Coordinate the creation of digital content (e.g. website, articles, press releases and live reporting).• Manage end-to-end digital projects.• Improve our web presence to boost brand awareness.• Maintain a strong online presence through social media.• Liaise with other departments to build relevant and engaging content.• Suggest and implement direct marketing methods to increase brand awareness.• Improve Twitter profile by implementing industry best practices.• Stay up-to-date with digital media developments.• Developing social presence and advocating brands effectively.• Stay current in marketing trends and news e.g. Google updates and changes in algorithms.
Wall Street English
Wall Street English is among the largest providers of English language education for adults around the world.
Mar 2017 – Oct 2017• Classroom management; planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups.• Marking and providing appropriate feedback; devising, altering and producing new material.• Attending and contributing to training sessions.• Basic administration, such as keeping lesson plans, checking attendance records, and analyzing student progress.
OnlinePianist develops a one of a kind animated piano tutorial application which enables its users to fully design their piano learning experience.
Digital & Content Marketing Manager
Aug 2015 – Oct 2016• Build and manage a rich content calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, partnership deals, contests, applications, infographics, etc.).• Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers).• Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.• Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.• Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.• Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.• Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.• Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g. Twitter chats, Facebook Contests, etc.).• Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.• Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.• Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.• Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.• Manage both on-page SEO and off-page SEO for the company.• Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.• Stay up-to-date with the latest technological trends and changes with SEO and major search engines.
Auckland, New Zealand
Visionstream is Australasia's premier ICT and Telecommunications solution providers with a National Australian and New Zealand footprint.
Apr 2014 – Jul 2015
• Responsible for processing and analysing business performance, manipulating and analysing vast amounts of data to determine common failure points within the business and taking ownership to find solutions.• Creating and introducing operational reporting (daily, weekly and monthly) to identify current performance.• Completing root cause analysis to determine opportunities for improvement in key areas of the business.• Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of any initiatives introduced to improve overall performance of the specific area under scrutiny.• Participation in and the promotion of a continuous improvement culture in the program management team by recognising areas of improvement.• A focus on improving KPIs through continuous improvement to maximise company efficiency across all aspects of the fibre installation project.
Tel Aviv, Israel & Auckland, New Zealand
Jan 2013 – Jul 2014
• Responding to customer queries via electronic mail including customer resolutions, feedback, disputes, complaints and suggestions.• Maintaining an active social media presence on Facebook, YouTube, Google+ and Twitter. Responsibilities include conducting weekly competitions, promoting new content from our main website as well as undertaking advertising campaigns via these outlets in order to grow our fan base.• Researching and presenting competitor reports outlining our main advantages, disadvantages, and areas of market opportunity as well as parts worth consolidating.• Creating custom Media/Press Kits to showcase our product and illustrate potential cross market promotion.• Daily upload of videos to YouTube. This includes recording, editing, and adding graphics to each individual video.• Editing images and graphics using Adobe Photoshop for advertising campaigns as well as on our website.• Discerning the best images to download from Getty Images and understanding how best to utilise this license with our services.• Proof reading materials for style, grammar, etc. for the FAQs, Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions sections of the website.• Writing a weekly blog on our website whereby connecting directly with our users and helping us feature our product on other websites in a more indirect way.• Researching potential alternative marketing opportunities for the promotion of our iPad/iPhone applications in the form of sponsored written content on popular application websites, blogs, forums, news media, etc.• Generating leads and making contact with blogs, technology websites, news media, third parties, etc., to feature and review our iPad app with overall success.• Designing and creating a company wide email signature with functional links to each of our products and social media sites.• Ability to adhere to deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously using Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Drive to collaborate on projects.
iiNet is Australia's second largest DSL Internet Service Provider and the leading challenger in the telecommunications market.
Customer Service Representative
Feb 2014 – Apr 2014
• Consistently available to manage all customer interactions as rostered, inclusive of calls, emails and tasks.• Offering a solution based approach to all customer interactions tailored to the needs of the individual customer.• Contributing to staff, team and development meetings and ensuring that knowledge is shared amongst all team members to provide exceptional customer service.• Capacity to reason, learn and solve problems in an efficient and sophisticated manner; able to understand more conceptually demanding ideas and perform complex work as required; the potential to quickly learn new skills and ways of doing things.• Using language effectively and demonstrating clear, articulate and succinct communication.• Ability to adapt communication style and language to communicate technical information to non-technical people in a clear and articulate manner.• Ability to handle varied responsibilities; readily switching to alternate strategies if there were better options; the ability to respond differently in different situations, to different people and to different ideas.• Developing alternative courses of action that were based on logical assumptions and factual information that took into account consideration of resources, constraints and organizational values.• Evaluating rational and emotional elements of situations, making confident decisions, appreciating short and long term factors and displaying speed without rashness.• Demonstrating sound expertise in and understanding of: internet infrastructure, multiple products and services including routers and hardware, relevant company policies and procedures, basic fault finding procedures or ability to locate these at short notice, troubleshooting internet problems and faults, core level management accounting principles and practices, computer networks and various software, standard PC and associated packages, on-line client accounting system and phone system.
AA Insurance is one of New Zealand’s leading providers of car, home and contents insurance for everyday New Zealanders.
Jan 2012 – Jan 2013
• Competent in SAS operation for daily use in gathering information relating to sales, claims, telephony, etc., as well as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word which were daily requirements.• Providing charts/diagrams to other departments of progress in selected areas when requested.• Constantly tweaking pricing factors around all products and trying to maximise revenue with the focus of growing market share.• Responsible for introducing several new pricing factors whereby our prices reflected our risks more accurately and thus gave us more variables to factor into our price controls.• Point of contact for the Contact Centre regarding any pricing related queries and clarifying any doubts brought forth by either customers or consultants.• Producing monthly reporting specifically looking at loss/profit ratios and policy termination rates as a measure across varying factors.• An integral part of the launch of a new motor insurance product, which was the first new product launched in 17 years. This was also the first time in New Zealand that a fourth type of motor cover policy was ever offered by a major company.• Involved with the amalgamation of AA Insurance's subsidiary, SIS Insurance. This included estimating the cost of the amalgamation in regard to revenue affected as well as the best way to underwrite the policies. We then introduced a new pricing mechanism whereby the price discrepancy could be automated by our operating system rather than having to be manually adjusted annually by underwriters.• Programmed calculators through Microsoft Excel for the Claims Assist department in order to assist with estimating the cost of future premiums as a result of claims made by customers.• Extracting, manipulating, and presenting data to other departments which included but were not limited to: Marketing, Sales and Service, Claims, Business Improvement, Underwriting, Corporate Affairs and the Executive team.
Contact Center Sales Specialist
Jan 2011 – Dec 2011
• Exceeded my sales target for every month in which I was in the sales team. I achieved 114% of my sales target for the month of January, 138% of my sales target for the month of February, 143% of my sales target for the month of March, 140% of my sales target for the month of April, 127% of my sales target for the month of May, 118% of my sales target for the month of June, 143% of my sales target for the month of July, 175% of my sales target for the month of August, 147% of my sales target for the month of September, 134% of my sales target for the month of October, 127% of my sales target for the month of November, and 133% of my sales target for the month of December.• Achieved the highest sales in the company in the very first month I was promoted.• Broke the company record for the most sales achieved in a month in March 2011. This is a record which still stood when I left.• Achieved the highest sales for the quarter ended March 2011 with 703 sales. The next highest person had 496 sales.• Achieved the highest sales for the quarter ended June 2011 with 689 sales. The next highest person had 664 sales.• Achieved the highest sales for the quarter ended September 2011 with 149% of my target. The next highest person had achieved 147% of target. As recognition of this I was awarded a personally written congratulatory letter by the CEO.• Consistently achieved daily, weekly and monthly sales targets and having one of the highest conversion rates of quotes to sales in the sales team at nearly 60%.• Kept outstanding debt at the bare minimum and maintained an extremely high percentage of paid policies for every month.• Exceeded BPIs/KPIs for the full 12 months I was in this position before being promoted to the pricing team as a business analyst.
Contact Center Sales & Service Representative
Jun 2010 – Dec 2010
• Selling as well as adjusting details of customers' policies and answering their queries over the phone.• Arranging call backs and providing solutions to complex issues or case by case scenarios after gaining feedback from relevant groups including team leaders, underwriters as well as those in finance.• Ascertaining best plan for customers and taking them through the sign up process of insurance policies, while ensuring all procedures are followed accurately.• Experience in underwriting customers on a daily basis. Assessing them against our underwriting criteria and going through the appropriate channels when applicable.• Keeping outstanding payments to a minimum. Collecting premiums from customers on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and ensuring policies cancelled due to non-payment are kept at the very minimum.• Meeting daily, monthly and weekly sales targets as well as consistently meeting all other BPIs/KPIs thus constantly improving all statistics.• Presented with a certificate by both the contact center manager and customer service manager for outstanding customer service in October 2010.• Dual branded in both AA Insurance as well as SIS Insurance (a subsidiary of AA Insurance) systems, practices, and underwriting procedures as well as exceeding targets of both companies requirements.• Highest sales conversion rate in the entire contact centre for November 2010 at 73%.• Exceeded BPIs/KPIs for the last two months I was in this position before being promoted to the sales team as a sales specialist.
Farmers is New Zealand's largest fashion department store chain.
General Sales Person
Nov 2006 – Dec 2009
• Face to face customer service: 1 on 1 sales.• Handling cash/EFTPOS machines as well as opening and closing registers.• Working through procedures involving repairs, replacements and ensuring overall customer satisfaction, especially in the Small Appliances department.• Contacting vendors regarding repairs/replacements, customer orders and deliveries.• Creating and organizing store displays in line with company health and safety guidelines.• Adept at understanding people and reading their responses, which enabled me to gauge a customer’s needs accurately.• Merchandising: Manchester, Tabletop, Kitchenware, Giftware, Menswear, Footwear, Childrenswear and Small Appliances departments.• Maintaining sales figures for my department/s, and providing optimum service to every customer, etc.
• Confidence dealing with customers from a wide variety of backgrounds, including customers with complaints and warranty issues.• Ability to adapt communication style to suit the customer.
University of Auckland
Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing & Management
2006 - 2010
The University of Auckland is the highest ranked New Zealand university in the main world university rankings systems.
• 82nd in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings (QS Rankings) for 2018.• 165th in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings (THE rankings).• In the 151-200 band for the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).• Placed 27th in the Reuters Top 75: Asia's Most Innovative Universities rankings.• In the 51-60 group for the QS Employability Ranking.• The Business School is among 1% of business schools globally to achieve Triple Crown accreditation from AACSB International, EFMD-EQUIS and AMBA.
The University scored the highest possible rating of Five Stars Plus in the QS Stars University Ratings, with maximum five-star ratings in each of the areas evaluated: teaching, employability, research, internationalisation, facilities, innovation, access and discipline rankings and accreditations.
Kelston Boys High School
National Certificates of Educational Achievement (NCEA) 1-3 & New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) University Entrance
2001 - 2005
• Kelston Boys High School is an all-boys state secondary school in Kelston, a suburb in the Waitakere region of Auckland, New Zealand.Personal Accolade: Waitakere City Council Award for Excellence in the Humanities as the top student across all humanities subjects from the entire school.Activities: Football, Cricket, Music, & Drama.
Google Digital Garage: Online Marketing Fundamentals Certification
Grow your career or business at your own pace, with flexible and personalized training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.
AdWords Fundamentals & AdWords Mobile Certification
AdWords Fundamentals covers basic and intermediate concepts, including the benefits of online advertising and AdWords, and best practices for managing and optimizing AdWords campaigns.
Google Analytics Individual Qualification
March 2018The Google Analytics Individual Qualification covers basic and advanced Google Analytics concepts. This includes: planning and principles; implementation and data collection; configuration and administration; conversion and attribution; and reports, metrics, and dimensions.
Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions
March 2018Discover useful reporting and analysis techniques to help your ecommerce business make informed decisions using Google Analytics data. In this self-paced online course, you’ll immerse yourself in the measurement planning process and practice navigating Google Analytics to improve the performance of an example ecommerce business.
Unit 1: Introduction to Ecommerce Analysis
Unit 2: Understanding Customers
Unit 3: Understanding Shopping Behavior
Google Analytics Academy: Google Analytics for Beginners
March 2018Google Analytics for Beginners shows new users how to create an account, implement tracking code, and set up data filters. You'll learn how to navigate the Google Analytics interface and reports, and set up dashboards and shortcuts. The course will also demonstrate how to analyze basic Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports, and set up goals and campaign tracking.
Unit 1: Introducing Google Analytics
Unit 2: The Google Analytics layout
Unit 3: Basic Reporting
Unit 4: Basic Campaign and Conversion Tracking
The Poynter Institute
Facebook for Journalists Certificate
March 2018Online courses by Poynter and Facebook to help journalists master products and best practices.
How Journalists Can Best Utilize Facebook and Instagram
How journalists can use Facebook and Instagram to discover and distribute content, engage with their audience, and safety measures they can take to ensure their information is secure.
Connect and Engage With Your Audience Using Facebook Live
Facebook Live is a way for people to broadcast to the world in real time from their mobile devices. Learn about the different types of content you can discuss on Live and best practices on what to do before, during, and after your broadcast.
Facebook 360 is a medium that offers a stunning and captivating way for immersive storytelling. Learn how to use 360 photos and videos to share stories, places, and experiences with your audience.
Snapchat Advertising Core Competencies
January 2019Advertising Core Competencies Certification Learning Path
Twitter Flight School
A dynamic learning experience to help you craft the best ways of integrating Twitter into your work.
Marketing LeadershipEnhance your marketing strategy and create ongoing business opportunities.
Build an inbound social media strategy that delights your customers and grows your bottom line. The set of lessons in this certification course covers social media strategy, social listening and moderating, social content, extending your reach, digital advertising, measuring ROI, and more.
March 2018Content marketing is the foundation for executing an effective inbound marketing strategy. This content marketing certification course will teach you how storytelling, content creation, repurposing, and promotion come together to build a content marketing machine that grows your business, and your career.
March 2018HubSpot Academy's Inbound Certification Course consists of twelve lectures that span the four stages of the Inbound Methodology. From optimizing your website, to landing page anatomy, to honing your inbound sales skills, this certification course covers the basics of what inbound marketing is all about.
March 2018Business ManagerBusiness Manager is a tool to help businesses and agencies manage their Facebook Pages, ad accounts and apps in one place.
Edit and Manage Facebook AdsYou’ve launched ads on Facebook, and now you want to locate, manage, or update them in Ads Manager. This course has you covered — whether you’re just starting out, or already running thousands of ads across the Facebook family of apps and services.
Understanding Campaign Performance with Ads ManagerFacebook Ads Manager gives you a holistic view of your ad performance across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network, and across devices. You'll learn how to find the metrics you need, understand your results, and share customized reports with stakeholders.
On Instagram, your message reaches consumers where they follow their passions and explore the world through imagery. For these reasons, Instagram is a highly-relevant environment to share your business’s story or showcase your products, apps or services.
Conversational Hebrew Level 2
March 2016 – December 2016The Ulpan teaching method was initiated soon after the creation of the state of Israel in 1948, using associative learning to teach Hebrew in Hebrew. eTeacher implements the Ulpan method to teach, using basic vocabulary revolving around Jewish holidays, traditions, modern day Israeli culture and current affairs. The classes focus on speaking, reading and writing. At the end of the course the students know how to:
Open Water Diver
Conversational Hebrew Level 1
July 2013 – March 2014The Ulpan teaching method was initiated soon after the creation of the state of Israel in 1948, using associative learning to teach Hebrew in Hebrew. eTeacher implements the Ulpan method to teach, using basic vocabulary revolving around Jewish holidays, traditions, modern day Israeli culture and current affairs.
The classes focus on speaking, reading and writing. Throughout the course students learn the Hebrew alphabet (Aleph Bet), vowels, and acquire a vocabulary of roughly 500 words in Hebrew, enabling them to conduct a basic conversation in Modern Hebrew.
ACE Training Ltd
Excel Timesaving Features
September 2012Working with Worksheets and WorkbooksLearn how to view two different parts of your worksheets at once or two different worksheets at once. Group sheets together so that you can work on several at once. Create a link between two workbooks or consolidate the data from several workbooks into a single summary. Save a workspace to save time in the future.Working with Formulae and Functions 2Focus on conditional functions such as IF, COUNTIF and SUMIF Working with Formulae and Functions 1 is in our Excel Essential Skills course)Working with FormatsControl how numbers are displayed in your workbook. Learn about Conditional Formats. Create and apply your own style with customised formatsLink to other documentsCreate formulas to other excel spreadsheets or hyperlinks to other documentsUsing TemplatesPossibly the biggest time saving feature of all: make your own template.Auditing a WorksheetDiscover how to control what data is entered into your spreadsheet and then learn how to find just where that error is coming from.Working with Data 1Subtotal your data or apply a Filter. (Working with Data 2 is in our Excel Data Analysis and Reporting course)Using NamesName a cell. Name a range of cells. Name a constant. Makes things a lot easier.Collaborating with WorkgroupsProtect your workbook to stop accidental editing.
Excel Essential Skills
June 2012The Microsoft Excel WindowBecoming familiar with the Microsoft Excel screen layout, terminology, panes within the Task Pane.Working with CellsLearn how to enter data and then change it. Covers techniques for Cut/Copy and Paste, Find and Replace, AutoFill, and Sorting. Also covers effective ways of navigation around the worksheet.Formatting, Page Setup and PrintingLearn to use the tools that control the appearance of your worksheet. Discover how to control the way its printed.Working with WorksheetsDecide how many sheets your workbook will have. Add or delete sheets as needed. Move them around and change their names. Then insert or delete rows as well.Working with Formulae and Functions 1Start by learning how to select ranges of cells. Then move on to making calculations based on the data in those cells. Learn how to use the AutoSum function and the Formula Palette. (Working with Formulae and Functions 2 is in our Excel Timesaving Features course)Using Charts 1Create a chart from your data. Then learn what to do when you change your mind. (Using Charts 2 is in our Excel Data Optimising course)Working with FilesQuickly email your worksheet to someone or save it as a web page.
"When life holds all the cards, you gotta roll the dice." - J. A. Abraham
My life highlights include snorkeling with sharks in the Bahamas, scuba diving with dolphins in the Red Sea, floating in the Dead Sea, sailing on the Sea of Galilee, dancing with Rabbis at Israeli synagogues, praying at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, kayaking down the Jordan river, horse riding through the mountains of Petra, riding on the back of a jeep through the desert of Wadi Rum, traveling by camel around the pyramids of Giza, trekking up Mount Sinai to watch the sunrise, mountain biking over the hills of Austria, climbing the entire flight of stairs up the Eiffel Tower, drinking a vodka martini (shaken not stirred) inside the Monte Carlo casino, living in a 16th century chateau while wine tasting in central France, relaxing on a gondola ride though the canals of Venice, zip lining over the Swiss Alps, reviving my inner gladiator inside the Colosseum in Rome, "pushing" the Leaning Tower of Pisa, dining at the coffee shops of Amsterdam, earning a beer drafting license from the Heineken Museum, boarding the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls, enjoying the 4th of July fireworks in Washington DC, skydiving from 12,000 feet and bungy jumping off bridges in New Zealand, participating in a superhero flashmob, "holding" the Taj Mahal in the palm of my hand, jogging up the Rocky Steps in Philadelphia, going inside The Pentagon in Virginia, watching the New York Knicks play at Madison Square Garden, quad biking to Cape Greco in Cyprus, having my photograph featured on Intrepid Travel's official brochure for their "Africa & The Middle East" tours, studying the Astronomical Clock in Prague, writing and performing songs in public, and most importantly finding my one true love in the Holy Land, proposing to her on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea, getting married in the Promised Land, becoming a father to a cherished son, and enjoying happily ever after in Erets Yisrael.